10 countries, 35 Cities, 71 schools
The only online community for teenagers worldwide to share their coronavirus stories and take action.
Support The Unemployed
Currently, 6.65 million people (and counting) are unemployed. This primarily consists of people who worked by the hour, and are now no longer needed – such as restaurant workers, babysitters, cleaners, and just about all jobs that people have disregarded during this time. However, the aid that is provided to them isn’t adequate for a lot of people, which is why we formed this program. Apply to be an ambassador for this project at your school to start a fundraiser for those who are unemployed during this time, and help soften the blow that the coronavirus has thrown at them and their families.
H O W T O G E T I N V O L V E D
Here is what you need to do:
1) Apply to become an ambassador for this project so we know you are leading it for your school!
2) Use websites such as GoFundMe and more to form the online fundraiser – make sure to choose one that you won’t have a hard time navigating!
3) Spread the word through announcements at your school, and through any outside-of-school networks that you have (family, sports, etc.)
4) Find a local/statewide organization/response fund that donates to the relative group. For example, one in Chicago is the https://www.chicagocovid19responsefund.org/.
5) Keep in touch with the organizations to keep track of how many people your funds helped.
6) Donate 100% of the funds collected to the response fund(s) that you chose.
7) Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!